It may be cold outside, but we are always thinking about summer in the Everwood office. As the year comes to an end, we think back to the amazing staff we had this past summer and begin to look forward to putting together another incredible staff for summer 2014. We are thrilled to be welcoming back many fantastic staff members and have already begun hiring A-W-E-S-O-M-E new staff members for the 2014 camp season! If you are interested in a position at Everwood Day Camp this coming summer, now is the time to apply. The best way to apply is to fill out our online staff application through our website. Once you are on Everwood’s site (www.everwooddaycamp.com), go to the For Staff section and then to Job Applications. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Camp office at 781-694-5829 or email Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to announce that Everwood Day Camp will be offering Smart Lunches for our campers and staff this summer! Smart Lunches provides easy online ordering and daily delivery service bringing fresh and nutritious lunches to campers and staff. This is the perfect solution for parents who would like a break from packing lunches or just simply do not have the time to pack a lunch every day. Parents will be able to choose from a variety of hot and cold lunch options on a daily basis for less than $6.00 per lunch. Smart Lunches is able to accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions and is completely peanut and tree nut free. Each menu item has a complete ingredient list as well as nutritional information available online. As Camp approaches we will be sending our camp families information about how to create an account with Smart Lunches and begin ordering.
We recently had the opportunity to sample a few of Smart Lunches menu items in the Camp Office and they were delicious! Many of us in the Office will be taking advantage of this fantastic service this summer!
For more information go to www.smartlunches.com. Ordering will begin at the end of May!
Summer may feel far away to many of you, but here in the Everwood Day Camp office, summer feels like it is just around the corner…and we can’t wait!
The winter months are filled with a lot of planning, preparation, meetings, events and much more. Below is a list of a few of the many things we are working on at Everwood this winter:
- We are hosting Open Houses at Everwood for new, returning and prospective campers along with their families and friends. This is one of the highlights of the winter for us! It is always so nice to see past campers and meet people interested in learning more about Everwood. Our next Open House is this Sunday, January 13th, from 11am-3pm. Bring the whole family to play games, warm up by the campfire, enjoy s’mores, jump in the bouncy castle, create an art project, get an amazing balloon from Drewsballoons, go on a tour of camp and meet some of our incredible staff.
- We continue to review the feedback we received from our 2012 Everwood community. This valuable information is used to help shape our 2013 program, policies and procedures. As the 2013 program comes together, keep a look out for some fun and exciting new activities coming to Everwood this summer!
- We are meeting with prospective campers and their families at Camp Fairs and at Everwood for tours of Camp.
- We are corresponding with Everwood’s A-W-E-S-O-M-E returning staff members and meeting with potential staff members for summer 2013.
- We are planning for improvements and changes to our beautiful campus that will be taking place
this spring. These projects include some exciting new program areas!
- We are hosting a free educational speaker series in conjunction with the Sharon Education Foundation bringing expert speakers into the community to discuss hot topic issues regarding child and youth development. The first in the series, a film screening and community discussion of Where Do the Children Play? is taking place in the Everwood Lodge on Tuesday, January 29th. Register for this event by clicking here.
We sure are busy and looking forward to the sunny days of Everwood 2013!!!
The New Year is almost here and Summer 2013 will be here before we know it! Do you know what you are going to be doing this summer? I do…I’m going to be at Everwood Day Camp!!!!!!
Here at Everwood Day Camp, we are very excited that many of our A-W-E-S-O-M-E staff from this past summer will be returning to camp for another fantastic season at Everwood! If you are interested in pursuing a career in youth development, enjoy working with children, love being outside and/or want to help children make friends, learn, grow and be inspired to be the best person they can be, then working at Everwood this summer may be the best job for you.
There is no better time than now to complete our online staff application, and begin to explore what it means to be a part of our amazing team.