Sharon Resident Scholarship- 2017 Criteria
As part of our commitment to our local community, Everwood Day Camp is delighted to be offering a number of scholarships to the children of Sharon residents! Our scholarship consists of a 50% reduction of regular tuition prices. All scholarship information will be confidential and treated with the utmost respect and sensitivity to your family’s privacy.
- Camper candidate must be a Sharon resident.
- An annual combined household income of less than $75,000. The list below (How to Apply Items 1-3) will help give us a clear picture of who is eligible for a scholarship.
- Scholarships are limited in availability and must be applied for before May 1, 2017 for the 2017 Camp Season.
New campers only:
- A written letter of recommendation from a (non-family member) teacher, coach, mentor or equivalent, which speaks about the child’s suitability for a Camp program (particularly behavior and social skills).
How to Apply
- Email or call Office Manager Colleen Connors at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-694-5829 to discuss your intention to apply for a scholarship and to check on availability in your child(ren)’s age group(s).
- Mail, fax or email a copy of your 2016 Tax Return to: 125 Lakeview Street, Sharon, MA 02067 or 781-636-2126. Social Security numbers should be blackened out for privacy. If you are submitting a “self-prepared” tax return, please also submit your W-2 (as evidence of your annual combined household income).
- In the case of divorced parents, please include evidence of agreed upon child support.
- Please note: Everwood Day Camp reserves the right to request any of the following documents (in addition to above) in order to fulfill the “annual combined income” criteria).
- Last two pay stubs
- Unemployment check stubs (last two)
- Social Security or disability checks
- Retirement/pension income
- State Assistance (WIC, TANF, AFDC and/or DHCP)
- Self-Employed: Schedule C or other appropriate tax forms
4. Mail or email a written letter of recommendation from a (non-family member) teacher, coach, mentor or equivalent (new campers only).
5. Complete an online Camper Application at: https://everwood.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/camper/App
Want to enroll prior to the completion of your 2015 Tax return? Here’s what to do:
Early enrollments – New families
If you are applying for the Sharon Resident Scholarship for the first time and you would like to enroll prior to your 2016 Tax Return being complete, please submit your 2015 Tax Return for evidence of combined household income. Once ALL of the remaining documents are submitted and your application is approved, the 50% Sharon Resident Scholarship will be applied. A $300 deposit will be processed with your camper application. Invoices will be emailed for the October 1, January 1, April 1 and June 1 payment due dates. Please remember to submit your 2016 tax information prior to May 1, 2017!
Early enrollments – Returning families
If you are a returning Sharon Resident Scholarship family and you would like to enroll prior to your 2016 Tax Return being complete, please feel free to complete a camper application to reserve your camper’s space at camp! A $300 deposit is due with your application and invoices will be emailed for the October 1, January 1, April 1 and June 1 payment due dates. Once the scholarship application with current year tax return information is submitted, the 50% discount will be applied, and statements will be updated. In the meantime, please divide your payment installments in half.
Please note: Early Bird, Occupational and Sibling discounts may not be combined with the 50% Sharon Resident Scholarship.